Indoor lessons begin the week of October 3rd!
If you had lesson credits in your account from March of 2020, I have advanced the expiration dates on those lessons to the end of 2023.
Welcome to 1101 Swim!
- Private Residential Swim Lessons for one or two students at a time
- 30-minute or 60-minute lessons
- Begin lessons at any time
- Online scheduling (up to two weeks in advance at this time)
- Introductory lesson rate for your first class
- Purchase individual lessons or packages to fit your needs
- Located on the west side of Ann Arbor, about 1/2 mile west of Michigan Stadium. When you sign up for a lesson you will receive a confirmation email with addition information (map, parking, etc.)
2022/23 school year lesson schedule:
- Monday - Friday 2:30-5:30
- Some Saturdays & Sundays 9-12
Lesson fees: $66-$92 for 30 minutes. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a quick summary. (For additional details, scroll down to summary of lesson fees packages)
Safety precautions: Please do not attend swim lessons if you have Covid symptoms or have recently been exposed to anyone with Covid. Myself, my husband, and my parents have all been vaccinated and boosted. My son is 21 months old, and has received his first two Covid vaccinations. We have all been rather cautious and I am continuing to mask in public in indoor spaces.
Waitlist: The waitlist is for students interested in a recurring lesson time or a series of lessons over the course of one or two weeks. You can sign up after you have had an introductory lesson with 1101 Swim. You can access the waitlist form here. If you previously put your name on the waitlist, you still have your spot.
The swim lesson schedule generally fills up! If you know you will be missing any of your scheduled classes, please cancel them as soon as possible. Doing this opens up the times for other families to plan ahead and schedule lessons. Students/ families can schedule their own lessons up to two weeks in advance. If you are trying to schedule a lesson, but don't see any immediate openings, it could be that something will open up in a day or two with a cancellation.
Want to sign up? Scroll down to the bottom to schedule a lesson. If you would like more guidance, here is additional scheduling information:
1. Lesson Options
a) Introductory Lessons These are reduced fee introductory lessons for new students ($60 instead of $68 for one student, and $80 instead of $92 for two students). After your introductory class, you can sign up for individual lessons, a package, or a subscription.
b) Individual lessons Half-hour classes: $68 for one student, $92 for two students. One hour classes: $136 for one student, $184 for two students. (For two students, I generally recommend they split a one-hour lesson for one student, instead of taking a combined one-hour class.)
c) Packages Lesson packages of 5 or 10 lessons.
d) Recurring Billing Subscriptions are not available at this time.
After you have selected your package, you will pay online during checkout. Contact Lindsay if you would prefer to pay in person with cash or check.
Use the online calendar to schedule lessons in the next fourteen days. If you purchased a package, you will use your lesson code when scheduling your classes: you will schedule your class as if you are purchasing an individual class, then use your payment code in place of payment. One lesson will automatically be deducted from your account. If you cancel a lesson with advance notice, the lesson will be credited back to your account. The online scheduling should make rescheduling lessons easier, but please try to be considerate when making changes.
To view availability before you make a purchase:
From the scheduling page, select a single lesson (not a package, but a single lesson). The calendar will open up for you, and you can see which lesson times are available. You can then schedule the single lesson, or change your selection to a package and schedule several lessons at once. You will only be able to view availability in the next two weeks.
To cancel or reschedule a lesson (with more than 24-hours notice): From your email confirmation, scroll down to the bottom to "Change/Cancel Appointment." If you have registered for an account, you can also log in to make schedule changes. If you cancel your class, the lesson will be credited back to your account if the lesson was part of a package or automatic billing. Otherwise, I will need to issue you a refund.
4. Registering for an account
After you schedule an appointment, you will be directed to a confirmation page where you will be given the option to register for a client account. You can also register for an account from a confirmation email by selecting the "Change/Cancel Appointment." This button will direct you to your appointment confirmation page where a "Register for an Account" button will be.
It is highly recommended that you register for an account. This makes scheduling easier for you (and me), because you will be able to:
- Bypass any forms you have already filled out when scheduling future appointments.
- Sign in to the scheduling page to reschedule or cancel existing appointments.
- View all upcoming and past appointments on the schedule while logged into your account. (If you can't view your appointments, ask me to assign them to your account).
- See any active package codes on your account.
(If I have previously scheduled lessons on your behalf, I may need to manually assign those lessons to your account before you can see them. I try to check through the client list to make updates periodically, but please send me a message if your account needs updating!)
Please let me know if you have any questions!
P.S. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to make the signup experience more user friendly.
Swim pictures and videos!
- Each family has its own password protected gallery. You can order prints or download pictures/videos for free. Ordered prints will be of slightly higher quality and will not have a watermark.
- Menu > Student Galleries (or Previous Students). Galleries are listed alphabetically by first names (oldest family member first).
- Your Password: 1101 Swim Last Name (password is case sensitive and has spaces).
- For example: if I had a locked gallery, my gallery would be Lindsay R and my password would be 1101 Swim Richardson
- Feel free to share your gallery link with family and friends!
- I would love to know what you think! Also, please let me know if you would like me to make any changes to your gallery (password, visibility, etc.)
Lesson Fee Summary
- Lesson fees for 1 student at a time (30-min / 60-min)
- Intro lesson: $60
- One lesson: $68 / $136
- 5 lesson package $335 / $665
- 10 lesson package $665 / $1320
- Lesson fees for 2 students at a time (for two family members or friends)
- Intro lesson: $80
- One lesson: $92/ $184
- 5 lesson package $455
- 10 lesson package $900